- Assist to coach children with their school work.
- Plan and execute programmes and activities for the children.
- Assist to respond to parents at the centre.
- Minimum GCE O Level
- Team player
- Enjoys working with children aged 6-12 years.
- Passionate and patient about working with children to provide an environment of care in an after school care setting
- Prior experience working in a student care centre would be ideal
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Position open to candidates who are looking for temporary employment
- Provide administrative support and attend meetings that are necessary for the smooth running of the Home:
- Maintain and upkeep documents (SOP file; Incident File; Fire Drill File; Visitor Log; Monthly Musters; Quarterly Report; Induction Log; Staff File; Team Meeting File; Sub-committee File and any other files which may be called for by the Reporting Officer).
- Prepare and upkeep minutes for relevant meetings in the Home.
- Prepare monthly staff duty roster to ensure smooth 24 hour operations.
- Prepare monthly statistics and any reports necessary in the running of the Home.
- Prepare and manage petty cash and reimbursements (inclusive of residents pocket money allowance and vendors invoices).
- Receive and follow-up with documentations for monetary and in-kind donations.
- Prepare monthly over-time and movement report of care workers for the purpose of payroll.
- Provide administrative support for the support staff (cook and cleaner).
- Liaise with Finance and HR in ensuring timely administration support and documentation.
- Represent Halal certified kitchen as ‘Halal Team Leader’ and to maintain records and requirements to adhere to fidelity for certification.
- Liaise with vendors / contractors / service providers to address Home’s physical maintenance needs, and maintain record.
- Represent volunteer management in HSH and liaise with Volunteer Management Department (Volunteer Manager) in administration support and documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to handle and manage competing demands.
- Experience working in Social Service industry preferred, specifically the Children and Youth sector.
- Team Player
- Strong Administration skills
- Work with others in a team to provide an environment of safety for children with difficult behaviours in a children’s home
- Able to respond calmly to children when they exhibit difficult behaviours
- Look after the needs of children (physical & mental wellbeing of children in care)
- Creating a safe and positive living environment, setting rules for children’s behaviour & providing one to one teaching/coaching on daily living skills
- Check on each resident’s needs and progress
- Help children form secure attachment bonds with appropriate adults
- Provide close supervision to children
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Minimum N levels
- Must be able to work rotating shifts (day & night), on weekends and public holidays
- Able to work in an energetic environment with children
- Experience working with children is an advantage
- Persistent and active learner
- Need to have understanding and a non-judging attitude
This position handles the full spectrum of case management and support intervention for clients, comprising mainly at-risk children and youth. The roles and responsibilities include:
- Handling case work &/or counselling
- Conducting office interviews and regular home visits
- Supporting clients through full spectrum of case management, including regular follow-up and communication
- Completing assessments and reports in a timely manner
- Supporting departmental administrative requirements and any other organisation-wide activities
- Degree or graduate diploma in Social Work / Psychology or other related fields
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a Social Worker
- Familiar with parenting / family issues and care of children with various social issues
- Certified in YLS/CMI
- Good command of written and spoken English, preferably bilingual
- Good report-writing skills
- Responsible, resilient, self-motivated and a team player
- Able to work non-traditional working hours (eg. on weekends and in the evenings, when required)
Preferred achievements / characteristics:
- Trauma-informed and knowledge of attachment issues will be an advantage
- Provide high quality and effective therapeutic case work services for clients.
- Ensure that the emotional, social, behavioural, developmental, therapeutic and educational needs of clients are met through the development, implementation and timely review of individual therapeutic care plans.
- Evaluate and execute use of treatment models such as, Trauma System Therapy (TST), Positive Behavioural Interventions and Support (PBIS), Structured Decision Making (SDM), Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS).
- Effective use of therapeutic approaches and other intervention strategies that achieve the overall therapeutic care plan of each client, such as, timely reunification to family or other permanency goals.
- Build good rapport with relevant stakeholders and external agencies in order to mobilise resources to meet client’s needs.
- Provide all necessary documentation for all clients, including case reviews, admission presentation, discharge summaries, referral, TST documents, and other ongoing records and regular updates to interdisciplinary team to facilitate decision making on clients’ treatment plans.
- Train direct care staff on therapeutic skills that will facilitate positive and/or trauma informed interactions with the clients.
- Coach caregivers/parents on parenting skills to facilitate positive and trauma informed interactions with their children.
- Plan, implement and evaluate group work and programmes that will complement the therapeutic goals.
- Good knowledge in working with children, youth and families.
- Able to manage issues of complex multi-problems children and families.
- Demonstrates an understanding of trauma, attachment and resilience theory, and child and adolescent development.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – able to relate easily to other people, particularly children, and to form positive working relationships.
- Good team player with good collaboration skills.
- Good report writing skills.
Preferred achievements / characteristics:
- Knowledge of Trauma System Therapy (TST), Positive Behavioural Interventions and Support (PBIS), Structured Decision Making (SDM), Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS).